The difference and feature of each market in China, Thailand, Singapore, and Indonesia
Fortunately, I have continuously got chances to work in aforementioned these four nations, China, Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia.
My story triggered from my homestay experience in Singapore and Malaysia a decade ago. At that time finding even the communication with friends quite difficult to make myself understood Mandarin and English, I could not grasp the market.
Now that I would like to illustrate one fact of the difference and feature of each market in China, Thailand, Singapore, and Indonesia where I have pursued for ten years. The fact might be different from what is told in general, but undoubtedly can be truth.
(The feature of Chinese Market) The Mechanism of Preventing Japanese Companies to From Winning
1) The control of Chinese government which leads Chinese companies to achieve success
2) The basic view is that humans are inherently evil. You cannot easily believe Chinese.
3) The quite hard competitive society where on cannot care for others
4) No bribe No success
5) Against Japan
→Japanese companies and institutions are highly recommended to compare with any other markets. By way of contrast, they should continue to consider Chinese market as the biggest market in Asia.
(The feature of Thailand (Bangkok) Market) Haphazard and Epicurean Market with Unbalance of sex
1) Without social welfare, men are imposed on heavier burden which makes citizens much worry about future
2) The rate of men and women is 1 and 2 respectively. Whilst the population of men are decreasing, that of women are increasing.
3) Men are said to be the worst unfaithful, whereas women are referred to the worst envious.
4) People tend to be more greedy and extravagant with the promotion against men dominated society
5) Sweet getaway from reality
6) People are reluctant to read anything. Instead, pictures are inevitable. As a joke, it is said that Thailand people read only 8 lines per year.
→Mostly, life is given up. Instead, next life is expected much more. In this view, items which make people comfortable and joyful can get popular. The middle layer has got bigger with growth of the average household income. Thailand people are gradually demanding.
(The feature of Malaysia Market) The racial emotion still lingers with struggling political situation. Welcome to the entrance of Islamic world.
1) The country consists mainly on Malay, Malay Chinese, and Indian, and is a multiracial nation.
2) Preferential policy toward Malay, what is called bumiputera, which leads to others’ dissatisfaction.
3) Malay Chinese mostly control economics in the country.
4) The social status of Indian is lower than others which leads to their anger toward the government
5) The authoritarian regime, and incidents with this system.
6) Malay Chinese can usually speak 5 or 6 languages, so are expected worldwide as human resources in labor market.
7) Muslim in the country obey to the hardest disciplines in Asia. That implies just like the entrance of Islamic world
→Malaysia heads toward developed countries faster than any others in ASEAN region. However, better comprehension of racial and political issues are needed. Moreover, highly sophisticated human resources are paid to attention which enables you to open up new Islamic market.
(The feature of Singapore Market) High pride, price, and competitiveness
1) The struggling situation between Singaporean and white-collar foreigners
2) Concern about future is shared due to expensive life costs.
3) The bigger gap between rich (winner) and poor (loser) in urban area
4) Strong adherence to English
5) Successful independent Chinese nation which attracts any other Chinese countries
→The cost effectiveness is not higher. Instead, it is worthy functioning as the hub of information and trade in Asia region.
(The feature of Indonesia (Jakarta) Market) The big and open Islamic market
1) Lax Halal disciplines which occasionally are allowed Muslims to have pork or alcohol.
2) About half of the population are provided with secondary education. Bigger gap between rich and poor.
3) Transport infrastructure:×, telecommunication infrastructure:◎
4) Humility individually, and bold collectively. Be careful of demonstration.
5) Middle layer is anticipated to grow approximately three times by 2030. The fourth biggest population.
→The different situation toward Halal discipline and items which enables Indonesian to make life easier and develop are highly recommended.
Even though these belongs to ASEAN region, each of them is completely different.
When it comes to the difference between China and ASEAN, whether they are for Japan or not.
In addition to it, to what extent the government’s intervention works, and to what extent Japanese companies possibly make profits, are quite important, because communism are easily forced to profitable companies to nationalize. There is some evidence that bribes, the government intervention and feeling against Japan might occur. But the possible is lower than Chinese one.
I strongly hope to let you directly feel ASEAN experience. We, Asiaclick would be most grateful to assist you.
In order to develop sophisticated information related to ASEAN, Asiaclick continuously provides you with local and real voices from people.